Swim of the Week

By May 20, 2019Uncategorized

Here at SFT we do love to hear all about your improvements and how your races went. If you could share a race experience with us, a result or an improvement we will be offering a prize for Swim of the Week.

Simon at the Putney sessions just swam 6mins quicker at Mallorca last weekend compared to his best last year so that is not a bad starting point for July. Leslie H just added 45m to her T10 best at London Bridge. Please add your results to the comments below and one will be selected for a prize. Goodluck!

T10, time trials, races all count. Will need some verification though if done outside of an SFT session. Goodluck

13 Comments

• Verity says:

Not a result per se but went from 0 to 5k in five days at just over four weeks post partum!

• Simon says:

First sub 6 minute 400m time trial. Been a long time coming but was really pleased to achieve this in Italy.

• Lee Jolliffe says:

After learning to swim for the first time in mid January 2019. In April with very little swimming under my belt I took part in a weeks open water course in Lanzarote with the SFT team. Who quickly realized i was a none swimmer. But with their patience and encouragement they got me through the course and were truly incredible. On May 25th 2019 i completed the open water 2.4mile course of the Lanzarote Ironman in 1hr 49mins 55sec and went on to complete the competition under the 17hrs required. Huge thank you to Dan and the team who without i would of never got in the water.

Lee

• Isabel says:

I did my first triathlon on Saturday (Blenheim) and did the sprint swim in 15 minutes! The rest was not as impressive. At Serpentine tonight so take it easy on me…

• Debs Paterson says:

I did Staffs yesterday (my first OW race) and did the swim 7 minutes faster than I have done in training, to complete the 1.2 in 45 mins :). My training with Keeley and also the OW Serpentine sessions definitely helped!

• Mark Klein says:

I escaped from Alcatraz and swam from the island to the shore. An amazing experience jumping from the Belle boat and coping with the temperature, conditions and currents. Trained hard and made it to shore in 35 mins so well chuffed. Thanks, Mark